Review: Lala Chong, Ara Damansara

31, Jalan PJU 1A/5A,
Ara Damansara

Located in a rather isolated corner, the place can be quite scary but it does get rather crowded at dinner times. I wouldn't know about this place if not for tg. Not a place I'd venture to since there's another that's closer to home.
 
Stir fry paku with chili tuna. Their signature, must-order dish. Spicy but well worth the sweat.

Stir fried veggie with fuyu. I don't particularly like or dislike fuyu or fermented bean curd due to its rather earthy flavors but the chili does make it bearable.

Kailan stir fried with garlic. Not sure how this remotely qualifies as broccoli but it is the Chinese version. I do like this style of cooking more when it comes to vegetables.

Steamed tri egg. A happy, delicious medley of century egg, salted egg and chicken egg. Surprisingly, this was soft and smooth.

Claypot tofu. My favorite go-to dish when I need some comforting. It isn't very fattening or fatty. Think it's kinda nutritious as it has vegetable and meat.

Three cup chicken.
Who would have thought that a seafood restaurant would be able to cook this well? That they did and maybe more. The meat was flavorful and was slightly fried.

Marmite chicken because they don't do pork here. This turned out to be another surprising winner. However, their choice of cuts is rather bony.

Lemon chicken. The dish that the non-Chinese typically orders and the Chinese orders only when they run out of ideas or can't speak Chinese.
The chicken was deep fried and cut before the lemon gravy was poured over it. Fried chicken has a special place in my heart so this obviously ended up being a crowd pleaser. Yes, a singular me is a crowd when I happen to be the crowd in a company of two.

Here is the menu but taken from the Kayu Ara branch. It's most likely not correct but an indication. Click for larger image.
OMG, I love prawns though I hate the effort.

OMFG. I love crabs. I hate the effort too.

I kinda like fish. Steamed version is a tricky business.

Cuttlefish. Octopus. Like who cares what they are called when they taste so frigging awesome!?!?

Chicken because they understand their clientele well.

Bean curd. Tofu. Well, we cannot be eating just meat and seafood.

Must have some fiber to ensure a smooth transition.

Carbs because protein is too costly to fill the general population up.

Comments