Review: BNGSR Tavern, Bangsar

32A Jalan Telawi 5,Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 018-900 7002
https://www.facebook.com/bngsrtavern/

 2 pizzas and 3 house shots for RM 45, you can only get it from Fave. While I didn't have high hopes, I was most certainly hoping that it wouldn't ruin Valentine's day for me. Luckily, my stars are aligned when we found the place to be upstairs at the row where McDonald's is. The place has a chilled atmosphere. Maybe more suitable for drinking or casual meet ups than a romantic date. Still, if you are looking for a good place for pizza, this is a good choice.

They have a menu for cocktails and shots but you don't get to choose any. Don't ask me what this is but it tasted rather sweet, definitely not lethal as I could still carry out a decent conversation after one. On empty stomach.

The Metz RM 32
Black pepper sausage with Malaysian sauce topped with cheese. This was quite spicy but I can't put my tongue to it. Quite generous with the sausages that are not so thinly sliced.

Maarof Margharita RM 28
Four types of cheese on a pizza spells heavenly carb. The paneer is interesting. Overall, not too cheesy and paired well with the thin crust.

Usually, I'd avoid using my hands but this called for an exception. The crust was very thin and crispy, just begging to be eaten. Both the pizzas took awhile to arrive but when they did, it was well worth the wait.

The menu is limited to pizza and some starters, mostly beer grub. However, that shouldn't deter you from a good dinner here. Yes, the pizza is well worth it.

Comments