ice cream like a dream

If there's a true inconvenience that this lockdown has posed, it would be not having ice cream. I'm not talking about the frozen, in a tub kind but those made to order that you have to eat it there and then. 

I wouldn't say that I'm craving for it now. It's just nice to know that I have the option to do so. Which at this moment, sadly I don't. 

 Ever since Family Mart opened up in Malaysia, they've most certainly brought affordable soft serve to us. What's more is the seasonal flavors on top of the usual green tea one. Being the unadventurous one, I've always stuck to the familiar comfort of matcha.
Among the notable special flavors that I can recall are:

  • roasted rice/tea- can most certainly taste the roast flavor 
  • cheese cake - not sure why you'd want a savory flavored soft serve but whatever rocks your boat 💁
  • purple yam - can't say that I've had the real deal (because they are bloody expensive) so in terms of how closely it resembles the actual thing, I can't say but it was still a bit weird 


 Llao Llao has been in Malaysia for quite sometime too. However, unlike Family Mart, this one cost a bomb. So much so that it had taken me quite a while despite their numerous deals of the week. Frozen yogurt is probably a healthier alternative to ice cream. But when you top it with sugary treats (or chocolate, in my case), it's probably not so healthy anymore 😂 There's only one flavor of yogurt. It's the sides/condiments that open up a world of possibilities. From the healthy fruits to not-so-healthy sprinkles, be careful of what you pick.

I found out the sour way that frozen yogurt and sweet chocolate don't really mix well.

Comments