Ayam Garam Aun Kheng Lim, PJ SS2


Ever since I was young, Ipoh has always been known for food. Dim sum (Foo San?), noodles (kai si hor fun) and also this, baked salted chicken. Sadly, my parents didn't particularly like this dish in general so we rarely ever do get this. Maybe when someone asks us to get some on our way there. The original corner lot in Ipoh is a brightly painted red and blue building which is particularly hard to miss.

Hence, when I saw that same logo in a shop in SS2, there was no denying the chickens are calling out to me. I mean, what's not to like about salty juicy men chicken? They made it easy for you to reheat at home with a leak-proof package that's also great to throw into the steamer directly. It's evident that this shop is catered mostly for takeaways, hence they were a little surprised when we said we wanted to dine in. Well, isn't that what the tables and chairs are for? I was just too lazy to reheat it at home and clean up once done :P

They reheated the chicken and opened up the package before serving. Some may find that it's too salty but I think it's quite right. Probably best to have it with hot rice and use the juice that's infused with herbs for gravy. The chicken isn't dry at all btw. Most certainly a great main dish.

Comments