XXXIII: "Must try!"


 Supposedly one of those things that you die die also have to eat once, we went to their branch in Xinyi district since it was within walking distance from the MRT station that we mistakenly went to.  It was bad enough that we got off the wrong station and had to walk a bit to get here, the place was full house and we had to wait for a table.

Just as we waited, another local couple came in and were immediately whisked to a table that was being cleared for them. Like, dude, are we that thin or invisible? I was already in a foul mood from being at the wrong place and hungry so that didn't help at all. tg calmed me down and went straight for another table which was in the process of being cleared much to the surprise of the waitress who didn't seem to want to seat us there.

Which would have been really fine by me because the food here is certainly not worth the wait. At all. Oh yea, I don't think the one in Sunway Pyramid is affiliated with them in any way.

 Chicken braised rice. I didn't bother to try this as it didn't look that special.

 Pork braised rice. On the right is part of the set menu.
It was funny because the waitress came with the rice and just as she was about to set it down, she gave it a puzzled look. Maybe she saw my annoyed look at having ordered a bowl of rice with gravy and no meat that she took it back to the kitchen to rectify. Yes, service is quite deplorable as compared to all the other places I went to in Taipei. I suppose the silver lining here is that she realized the mistake before I kicked a fuss about it.

The sides were nothing exciting. Some pickled greens, some pickled meats, sliced Taiwanese sausages.

Fried pork chop. This was added for good measure.
I wanted the chicken soup but as usual, tg just forgets. Should I remind him the next time as it gets on my nerves when he forgets?

The chop was dry and it didn't help that Taiwanese joints generally do not have chili sauce of any kind at their tables. It was a bit salty so it's probably meant to go with the rice.

Perhaps, it was my mood so the dinner was spoilt but it's more likely that this franchise is not quite worth your time, money and effort given all the other available choices.

Comments