Movies: Doctor Strange


I am not a Marvel fan. Nor am I a superhero flick chick. But, Marvel has been churning out quite a number of movies in recent years that it was hard to escape them especially when the people that you watch movies with want to watch those specifically. Please don't get me started on The Avengers marathon just so to make my movie experience make sense.

People have been saying how good this movie is. Funnily enough, I didn't watch the trailer for it until tonight. The movie certainly had that good vibe feel to it throughout. Benedict Cumberbatch is like the more talkative version of his Sherlock with an American accent. Tilda Swinton reminded me of her Constantine role. Mads Mikkelsen is still his same quiet Hannibal self. Rachel McAdams' role as the ex-gf is an easily discarded, maybe unnecessary one.

This review has been brought to you by (first and foremost) my parents who brought me into this world in the month of Nov and MBO Cinema for awarding its members with a pair of free movie tickets during the birthday month. Yes, free. Go register.

Comments