Bala's Banana Leaf, Bangsar

 21, Lorong Ara Kiri 1,
Lucky Garden,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel#03-2201 7107
https://www.facebook.com/Balas-Banana-Leaf-1108804125896948/
There is certainly no shortage of banana leaf restaurants in Bangsar (only parking) but it didn't deter Bala from adding another to the list . Located in Lucky Garden that's opposite the main Bangsar area, it's less swanky with higher chance for free (maybe illegal) parking.

Normal rojak RM 6.40
I am not a fan of this in general nor do I hate it. Just that it's near impossible to find one that will blow my mind. Or maybe rojak just ain't my thing. So, this one was all right, a bit sweet with chunky bits of cucumber and stuff.

Chicken briyani RM 16
While flipping through the menu, I was quite happy to see this. Ordered the seemingly affordable briyani. When it arrived, I wanted to flip table because the chicken was skinnier than me. Thankfully, it tasted great enough to subdue my hunger. Together with the briyani, it did make for an almost wholesome meal. The side dishes were not bad too though this is my first time having a briyani set. Overall, the meat and rice were slightly dry on the own but that's probably what the side dishes are for?

Brown sugar appam RM 2.70
Compared to Chelo's, this one fares OK. It has that crispy edges with a soft middle. Somehow, it still lacks something. Maybe too soft in the middle.


Bala's Banana Leaf Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments