Awesome Canteen, Tmn Paramount


 19, Jalan 20/13,
Taman Paramount,
46300 Petaling Jaya
Tel#03-7865 8048
https://www.facebook.com/awesomecanteen/
 When they first opened up few years ago, the buzz word was healthy. Awesome Canteen decided to be awesome, offering Paleo diet-friendly menu. I'm all about trying out new stuff, being healthy, all without breaking (my) bank.

Most of the crowd here are either hipsters or elderly, which is unsurprising because your kids ain't gonna enjoy a meal here. The flavors are clean and light that it makes McDonald's taste like a salt mine.

Hush hush now, don't demonize my favorite fries now.

 Chicken cheese RM 17.90: lettuce, tomato, pickles, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese with poppy seed buns.

 One of the few non-paleo items in the menu, they still try to make it healthy-ish by making the fries less oily. The coleslaw was rather creamy though.

 Burger was all right, a little dry.

  Paleo egg plant niku stack RM 29.90; beef patty, sunny side up, tomato, wedged between two thic slices of egg plant served with sweet potato fries

I knew there was egg plant. I knew that I wasn't a big fan of it except when it's been cut into sticks and fried. I knew I was in for a surprise.

 I didn't know how much I wouldn't enjoy thick slices of egg plant that had absorbed the oil it was cooked in 😭In all fairness, they were meant to sandwich the beef which would have been too dried on its own. The flavors are clean and light. It was just difficult to eat both slices that have unfortunately soaked up the juice/oil that it rendered the already-squishy texture into more of a mush.


Awesome Canteen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments