Tea & croissant: Spanish inquisition


27, Bridgford Road,
West Bridgford
ng2 6au
Tel# 0115 981 7010
Last lunch before we all parted ways (physically). Just for the record, I am not entirely familiar with the title of this post; just found it clever enough to start on this Spanish food review.

While waiting for our mains, we feasted on these warm sliced pita bread with different hummus dipping sauce. Maybe it was the hunger or the winter or carbs, I liked these quite a bit.

Chicken wings in a sweet chilli & sesame jam, coriander.
This almost reminded me of those back home except it didn't have that crunchiness and this is more Thai than Chinese. Still a good plate of wings. 

Moroccan rice salad spring onion, peppers, lemon, mint & parsley.
I don't know what exactly to expect but the last thing was cold rice and that is exactly what I got. It's not bad, just peculiar to eat rice that felt undercooked as it was still grainy. When I say cold, I wasn't referring to not hot or just warm or even room temperature. It's as though they took it out from the fridge and let it sit for awhile before serving.

Puttanesca beef ragu with olives, tomato, capers, guindillas & yoghurt
This not only packed some chili but also was warm in comparison to the rice salad, a much welcomed relief. I love the slightly tangy tomato sauce which was deceptive with chili. Would have been perfect with the pita bread.

Deep fried calamari rings.
Cooked a little too long, it was better than ours for the lack of thick batter but it was also almost rubbery. 

Comments