Tea & croissant: Montmartre


Despite being a tourist spot, Montmartre has managed to keep its Parisian identity intact. There aren't much to see here to be honest, so you are better off planning for half a day here before heading to Moulin Rouge for more sightseeing. It also doesn't help that the days are long and I intended to see the later at night with its bright neon light.

In case if you're thinking this is going to be another church post, well, not quite. There aren't as many shops as I'd imagine it to be, selling religious paraphernalia.

The one thing that surprised us here was how hilly it was.

I was ready to walk, just not up or down hill. Luckily, my sports shoes came in handy.

There was a site which said when in Paris, you shouldn't wear sport shoe because you should maintain a chic look. I look quite chic after a day of walking in my comfortable soles as compared to heels or the likes. You really don't want to see how ugly my frowning from aching feet is.

It's just that after my Taipei trip, I really couldn't be bothered about looking fashionable while on a sightseeing holiday. Blistering toes are no joke. And when you're a budget traveler, comfortable shoes are mandatory.

I could possibly count with my fingers the number of times I've sat on one of these. Deprived childhood, woe is me.

This was supposed to be the picture of a majestic big white furry dog. But the said dog decided to give me a total opposite of that to commemorate our meeting.

Supposedly the best bakery in all of Paris.

They had a great selection of pastries and bread. We decided to buy a salmon baguette to picnic up the hill. It's funny because though we were obviously Asian, the cashier thought we understood French.

Our very first crepe on Parisian soil. It was a bit of a disappointment. For one, it wasn't thin enough. But I forgive because they were quite generous with Nutella. And it was great in the slightly cold weather. This was supposed to be my instagram shot. Please stalk follow me there if you haven't already.

Unlike the streets of KL, it's quite nice to walk around here due to the lack of cars. Heck, there are more bicycles than cars.

There are quite a number of these quirky shops. Probably to cater to the hipster tourist.

A shop selling ball lanterns. In different shades and materials. But just that.

A rather cute dog waiting for its owner. I think it's an American Cocker Spaniel. I think. Surprisingly, there aren't as many dogs in Paris as in Taipei.

Every district in Paris would have its old world church.

Alongside with their standard, 3/4storey buildings.

After a long walk, we took a picnic in the garden and enjoyed our baguette. Few hours lapsed but the bread didn't get soggy. While it would have been nicer to have eaten it warm while still fresh, it was still good cold. Perhaps I should try picnicking here one of these days.

The Wall of I love you. No, don't bother squinting your eyes because that's not me. Yes, there is the Malay translation of the phrase, somewhere in there.

Stay turned for the top reason to visit this little town.

Comments