Tea & croissant: Lifestyle of the Rich & Famous

 If you are in Paris for shopping, chances are you'll land in Champs-Élysées. The street is filled with many designer shops. According to a source, some of the off-season items are cheaper in Paris than in Malaysia. The key is to do your research wisely. To be honest, I currently own a two Coach purses, a Kate Spade bag, two Gucci bags. All of them were gifts. Except maybe for that one Coach purse that I paid the guy back.

Apart from being able to show off, I don't see the point of buying a bag for few grands that I don't get to use much because of fear that I'll ruin it. Some say it's a form of investment as the value appreciate after few years. Maybe, if I don't spoil the bag first.

 Few years ago, my birthday gift was a simple silver band with a minuscule diamond ring from Tiffany & Co. For the same price, it would have gotten me something with more bling factor elsewhere. But, it's a Tiffany & Co. That's my excuse.

 Fortunately (or not), we were here on 1st May which was Labor Day so majority of the shops were closed. It was literal window shopping.

 Do you like LV bags? I find their pattern a little too old matured for me.

 This one I quite like. I've not given up the hope yet of owning a Cartier. Many donkey years ago, their love bracelet caught my attention. Few years ago, during one of my editing job, a model was wearing it during the shoot. It was quite an eye opener to see it in (sort of) real life.

 At the end of the road where it's difficult to afford anything is Arc de Triomphe. It is in the middle of a rather busy intersection.

 Luckily, there's an underground passageway.

 Fresh flowers on the ground. Not sure if it's a common occurrence or due to the labor holiday or even the election.

 The sun was shining. The wind was blowing. The perfect day it became.

 Well past the champs and arc, there is a quieter neighborhood.

Hotel Salomon de Rothschild. Yes. The same Rothschild. I wonder what it's like to be born into a family where you don't have to lift a finger ever until the day you die.

Comments