Tea & croissant: Praying in Montmartre

Ascending the steps to get into the village.

Taking a last look at the white basilica of Paris.

How many churches can there be within walking distance? None too many. After Sacre Coeur, we stumbled upon another. Although it is one of the oldest surviving church in Paris, église Saint-Pierre de Montmartre was not very well maintained. 


This is the only reason that I knew the name of this church. I really need to do a better job of keeping track.

One of the more peculiar statue. It's as though he was handing off his own head.

Confession booth. Or was.

Maybe Joan of Arc.

More stained glass.

Unfortunately, the entire church wasn't very well lit. I think this is the brightest spot in there.

Our Savior, Jesus Christ.

The details are rather astounding. While the Chinese may be good with the finer details, the French certainly takes more pride in making it life-like. To an almost scary level.

There were English descriptions but it just wasn't bright enough to read. Such a pity.


Next stop: Saint-Jean-de-Montmartre church.

Now it looks quite like a cat. Can you see it too?

To be honest, I've probably seen enough churches during my trip here to last me a lifetime.

Temple? Checked. Church? Checked.

Interesting ceiling work.

Imagine all the cleaning.

Not meaning to be rude or insensitive but this is like a sacrificial altar.

As pretty as it looks, this isn't how I'd want my house door to look like. Maybe when I enter my golden years.

Some people say that their angel is not watching over them for letting bad things happen. I think mine gives me a bit more credit than I deserve. Actually, that's generally the idea I get from my bosses.

This concludes the church visit in Montmartre.

Comments