Review: KTZ

 When they first opened in Kepong, it was all the rage. My father would bring us to Kepong all the way from Klang as a treat. I recall sleeping in the car and waking up just before reaching but that's really how I roll when it comes to car rides.

Anyway, KTZ has since opened up few other branches. The original shop still retained that roadside demeanor (read: smoky, no air-con). The one in SS2 is fully air-conditioned though you may need to sit outside if you come during peak hours.

 Nothing quite like shaved iced with sweet fruit to cool down. Of all the available versions, I like honey dew best. Simply because I don't like the other fruits.

Peanut soup. I don't know why in heaven's name would anyone eat this but tg seems to favor this. The thick flavor of peanut is enough to make me grow an allergy towards peanuts.

My other favorite dessert here: mixed fruit shaved ice. It's probably the syrup that's making them sweet instead of the fruits themselves.

If you're not up for eating but more drinking, they do have a drinks section which is peculiar. Or at least out of the ordinary. Can't recall what fruity herbal concoction this was but it tasted downright weird. Not exactly sweet or sour.

Ham, seaweed and egg spring roll with wasabi mayo. The dipping sauce certainly took us by surprise and packed a punch. Great for those midnight munchies.

Comments