I'm Lovin' It

Do you?? There was a time when my fast food habit was getting out of hand that I decided enough is enough and to limit my unhealthy food consumption. Each time I had a fast food meal, I jot it down in a notepad. It worked for awhile, making me stop eating fast food frequently.

After about half a year or so, the notepad is no longer updated. I got no self control. fml.

They give you a nice high, they fill you up in ways salad can't. Can you blame me? I had these one after another because of hormones. Thanks, Mother Nature. Still waiting for you this month.

Chocotop is the best because of the crunchy chocolate layer. You know what would be better? Chocotop but with vanilla and chocolate ice cream inside. Ah ha. You heard it here first.

Their pies are also not bad. Mostly because of their sweet filling and crunchy hot pastry outside. Which is your favorite? I like apple but haven't really tried their seasonal specials.

When first launched, McCafe offered a cheaper alternative to coffee addicts and broke hipsters for their coffee fix. I've tried the Bandar Utama Centerpoint and Puchong joints only so far. They are not expensive compared to cafes but not cheap compared to my free office coffee.

They had promotions e.g. buy one free one or buy one at a discounted rate. Being the typical Malaysian, of course must go queue up and get my money's worth.


Admittedly, the coffee wasn't very strong but does a decent job. At less than RM 10, really can't complain much. Hey, they even gave me a coffee art though this one really depends on who's preparing it. On some occasions, it was boring foam.

One thing for sure is their iced cappuccino cannot survive overnight. Thanks to the ice, it became diluted. But, cheap economical Amy still had it for lunch. Mommy say don't waste food. Yes, coffee can be food too when you don't eat anything else.


Some of the McCafe do come with its own sitting area, some shared. I like the upstairs of Centerpoint as it's away from the food and crowd though if some rich kid is having its private party in there, it gets quite noisy.

So it makes it difficult to read especially when the book is about the plight of the general Russian farmer.

Their breakfast is another item that I enjoy from their menu. This one was courtesy of an ex-colleague who was the project manager that I was involved in. Well, nobody should plan for  meeting at 8am. No good reason. Especially to talk about requirement gathering. Finalizing the timeline. 8am before the coffee kicks in is only best for water cooler talks.

For good measure, he actually bought me 2 sausage egg McMuffin and 1 Fillet O Fish. The man knew my heart stomach well.


Have you seen a bun so round, so perfect, so unblemished? I wish my complexion was like this without makeup or filters or PS or VSCO.

Then there are also sad times when your burger just looks like.this.

Of course, the worst is when their advert comes on while you are searching for workout videos on YouTube.

Thanks, McDonald's.

Comments