Oiso, Tropicana City Mall


 G-13, Ground Floor,
Tropicana City Mall,
3, Jalan SS 20/27,
Damansara Intan,
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel#016-368 4211
https://www.facebook.com/Oiso-Korean-Traditional-Cuisine-Cafe-246231015438476/

 Although my Korean dining experience didn't start off on the right note and has been bumpy all the way through, I'm pleased that it's getting better. Or my choices have improved. Oiso is not a Korean BBQ joint, just a simple Korean restaurant serving (what I think) proper Korean food.

Deon Jang Jji Gae RM 18.90: Bean paste stew made with soy bean paste, tofu, seafood and vegetables.
All their set comes with the standard appetizer, kimchi, dessert (fruit salad for this time), rice (if you are not ordering the noodle set) and a main. The first thing that struck me was how hot the stew was. This is a non-spicy dish. A little sweet, the stew pairs very well with the equally hot rice. Portion was not small at all and they did give quite a lot of stuff in the pot.

Steamed chicken with soysauce RM 24.90: Chicken, potato, carrot, onion and glass noodle braised in special soy sauce.
You have the choice of either spicy or not for this. I went for the former because I never remember how painful my butthole is after digesting any spicy food. Luckily, this didn't turn out to be really spicy. The slightly caramelized fried anchovies is still a bit salty and makes for a great snack. When you're ready, tuck into the kimchi. As a self-professed non-kimchi eater, I have to admit that Oiso's version certainly blew my mind. Never in a million years would I imagine that I would one day say, "That's a pretty good kimchi".Not too sour or spicy, just in the right ratio.


When you think that things are heating up too much, have some of the seaweed soup that's almost the total opposite of the stew. Unlike the Japanese miso soup, I find their soup to be milder. Maybe that's because my tongue was already too hyped up from all the kimchi 😀They gave two moderately big drumstick, more than enough to make this a complete meal of its own. No dessert  required.

Would I come back here again? Definitely 😍

Oiso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments