Daorae, USJ10

 8C, Jalan USJ 10/1j,
Usj 10,
47620 Subang Jaya
Tel#03-8024 2616
 This is one of the first Korean places that I have been to. Also sadly the one that made me dislike Korean food.

 Like any Korean restaurants, they provide flat metal spoon and chopsticks. Anyone who's seen me hold a chopstick will empathize with me: These are not made for eating. More suitable as a torture device. Not only for poking someone in the eye but also make it difficult for you to pick up your food to eat.

 We were there on a weekday for dinner. The place was really packed but we did manage to secure a table not long after. Sadly, the service was rather spotty as they tried to zip around carrying orders. The tea was ice cold, perfect for BBQ. Mild one, almost like roasted rice tea.

 Almost all Korean BBQ places are setup in this manner. The hanging hose is supposed to suck up all the smoke to make the dining experience smokeless. But, that's never the case, which is why I always regret once I've sat done for a Korean BBQ lunch.

 Refreshing chopped lettuce salad with a very unique dressing. Not mayo or thousand island. Not quite mentaiko. But a definite appetizer.

 Most of the kimchi that I've had in the beginning were not to my liking. They were either too sour or spicy. It baffles me why people would eat them endlessly. 

 Sauce for your BBQ-ed meat. I'm still not sure how they work 😁

 Refillable side dishes. If you don't like them spicy, there are the safer options too. Some are a little more peculiar than the rest. The bean sprout is my safe bet.

The waiter will do the cooking and cut the meat up once they are ready. Wrap it with lettuce, put on some sauce top up with garlic if you're not looking for some action. We had the pork which was just all right. 

 Finished off dinner in a rather healthy manner.

Personally, this was one of the not-so-nice BBQ. Maybe Korean food just isn't my thing.


Daorae Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments