Ichiro Sushi Bar, One Utama



Bandar Utama F101, First Floor,
Isetan One Utama Shopping Centre,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya 
Tel#03-7726 5899

 Nestled inside a corner of Isetan, it's easy to miss this place as most people would head to the more popular ramen joints in front. Only those who venture further in would be surprised to know there's a sushi bar tucked away.

 Nothing quite like Japanese green tea to quench the thirst. Do you believe that drinking this would help you lose weight? It isn't working so well for me 😓Maybe it's all that fried chicken.

 Appetizer in the form of fish. Just something to whet your appetite.

 Chawanmushi or steamed egg with salmon roe and sea urchin. I do love the former, the saltiness as they explode in the mouth. As for the urchin, some love it for its taste. Some just don't get it. Luckily for me, I don't because these are not cheap.

 Salmon sashimi. So fresh, so good. Really a world of difference from Sakae Sushi.

 Edamame to cleanse the palate. I love to have this towards the end of the buffet when I'm too stuffed. Makes me feel like I'm being healthy... after stuffing myself silly with all the unhealthy options 😂

 A plain version of the steamed egg. Somehow, after all the extravaganza, this one seems quite boring in comparison. Still, not bad.

 Mixed tempura. Do you eat shiso leaf? If you ever do come across a real one, do give it a try. The tempura batter did give it a nice savory touch. But anything deep fried and Japanese style will always taste good to me.

 Avocado and tuna roll topped with fish roe.
Because it's impossible to be full eating just tempura and sashimi without breaking the bank.
I'm not sure about this combination though avocado isn't quite my thing due to its creamy taste.

 Agedashi tofu.
A little larger than usual, I do prefer those cubed ones as you get more fried surface.

 Sushi platter. Having a Japanese to order means trying out these unusual dishes.
While he wasn't very impressed, I was a little in awe as these are things that don't usually come across my radar. Mainly because they ain't cheap. If you're not queasy and adventurous enough, natto is a good discovery.

 Grilled salmon bone. Apparently a norm in Japan, it does taste a little fishy. Not much of flesh. I would stick to my beloved saba shioyaki.

 Avocado and salmon roll.
Did you know that salmon wasn't part of the original Japanese sashimi scene because salmon was scarce (almost non-existent) until Norway decided to import it to them?
These one again didn't rub me the right way, all because of the avocado.

Ice cream to call it a night.
A fruit sorbet that's light enough to have a second scoop.


Ichiro Sushi Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments