Above Cafe, Subang SS15

 70-1st floor
Jalan SS15/4D
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel#016-711 1949
https://www.facebook.com/Abovecafe17/
If you think that Subang SS15 has a special place in my heart due to the number of restaurants I've tried there, you're not entirely wrong. When I was in college, Subang is where the it crowd were hanging out. It's now torn down but remember Asia Cafe? There are still plenty of other choices though not all are as affordable.

Lets just say that I'm trying to live my carefree teenage days. Embarrassing but at least I can say that it's my hard earned money paying for the overpriced coffee in a super Instagram-friendly cafe. Technically, still not my money now but tee hee .

 Above Cafe is one of the newer entry in this college kid-infested hood. Their prices do reflect that as well, offering sets at below RM 20.

 Fish and chip RM 12.90
I don't know what's the deal with people who like to coat the food heavily before deep frying. Cut cost perhaps? Give the illusion of size. Kinda like WonderBra, I suppose.
Am I the only one who thinks it's not nice to cheat your customer with batter?

 Chicken chop RM 15.90
Their special chicken chop comes with 2 choices of sauce. I picked the lemon butter and mushroom. The chicken was fried until it was unfortunately dry though the skin was the crispiest I've ever had, even more than KFC and McD's. What truly deserves a special mention is the sauce. One was so strong with garlic that it was difficult to eat with the chicken.

Their sides of coleslaw and fries were top notch. That's as much of a consolation to be had.


Above Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments