Thing I Learnt - 18 May

I don't generally like to talk much unless if I have to or just to kill the (awkward) silence. Then, there are those people that you'd rather not talk to, lest your brain cells commit suicide from trying to comprehend the conversation. Unfortunately, these are also the type of people who seem to favor conversing with me regardless of my feigned interest in their topic. If anything, they are either too caught up in the topic not to notice my drifting, fleeting attention  or they simply love listening to themselves talk out loud.

Maybe my acting skill is really not that bad that they think I am still paying attention to them.

In such situations, there is really nothing to be done but nod and smile. Or in the case of the Penguins of Madagascar, wave and smile. Unfortunately, I wasn't bestowed with such cuteness so that doesn't quite work. Somehow, at a point of time, I'd  chip into the conversation and they just aren't interested in my opinion. Not that I actually care but if you engaged me in a conversation and asked me for my opinion, either I didn't get the subtle hint that you are the master of the universe and your opinion is my opinion or it was an entirely rhetorical question.

After multiple vicious cycles of whining to my unfortunate fellow mates who were willing to lend me a ear and some advise after, I realized this is just going to keep going on. So much so that I subconsciously (try to) stop myself before going further to lament about my predicament.

It is still a work-in-progress. Hopefully one that I'll be able to master before my brain cells die unnecessarily any further.

Comments