Yee Heong, Puchong Jaya


01-01, Jalan Kenari 19a,
Bandar Puchong Jaya,
47170 Puchong
Tel#03-8076 7930
Occasionally, I do get a craving for bah kut teh. You would think that it's a fairly easy one to satisfy. It is not for someone who grew up surrounded by them. After moving out of Klang, my affair with this herbal dish pretty much came to a halt as most (if not all) the ones served outside of Klang in Klang Valley are closer to JB's in style.

For someone who's accustomed to the thick, strong herbal taste, it did come as a bit of a surprise when I tried the bah kut teh in PJ. While I'm not complaining that they taste bad (they are quite good actually), it's difficult for me to say that they are a good version of bah kut teh. The soup is much lighter, the taste of the herbs are not as strong/pronounced. In some places, I almost felt like I was having herbal soup and not bah kut teh.

Yee Heong (fortunately or not) happens to be one of those. Yes, the soup was good and you won't feel (very) guilty at the end of the meal. However, to call it a bah kut teh is almost blasphemous. That's just my Klang ego speaking. Other than that, the soup is quite good and light.

Comments