Koong Woh Tong, Atria

 C.23A, Concourse Floor,
Atria Shopping Gallery,
3, Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya,
47400 Petaling Jaya
http://site.kwt.my/main/3157/index.asp?pageid=175109&t=home

 Have you ever seen any of their branches close down for good? I don't think so. Regardless of the time or day or location, it's very rarely packed or even half filled with customers. Makes me wonder how they can stay in business for so long. Not only that, they sneakily root themselves in some corner in every mall in Klang Valley.

Maybe it's because youngsters/hipsters don't really like herbal jelly so they don't go there and sit for long to hang out, chit chat and most importantly, to selfie even though the lighting is great because, lets be honest, who want to do selfie with a traditional Chinese background? Which is why, my bowl of herbal jelly is the best model this.

 It was my first time here despite the countless times of passing. The only other one that I've been to is in downtown KL. So, I was surprised when they provided a bowl and spoon.

 Like, what for? That pot is honey or some form of syrup.

Best ever jelly: Guilinggao or tortoise jelly. My father used to buy these and I love eating them fresh out of the fridge when they are cold to the core on a hot sunny day. They came with a plastic spoon underneath the plastic cap on top so it's very convenient. There's a pull-apart lid that's easy to manage even for a klutz such as myself. But my father told me that these were made with tortoise shell and I got a little freaked out. Actually, it's unlikely that they are unless you are ready to pay big bucks for it.

Or you could just come here and have a bowl of it. I don't think theirs come with tortoise shell but it's nice to be able to enjoy it properly. Some people don't like this jelly in general because of its bitterness. I like it precisely because of that. An acquired taste I suppose.

Most of the people who come here are usually the elderly. I guess that makes me one ? 👵


Koong Woh Tong Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments