Banting/Jenjarom mysterious food

What's so mysterious about this meal? The restaurant, that's what. Located in Banting, it's tucked inside a plantation. Unfortunately (for you), my Google Map timeline didn't register the location and I just couldn't find the exact location 💁Or it's name. Unhelpful, yes. Very.

Yam abacus. These were chewier than this actual Hakka restaurant. The minced pork certainly made a difference to the flavors.

Baby spinach soup. I know vegetable is generally cheap but this was quite a lot for 4people. There was more vegetable than soup but that's not something to complain about. Maybe it's because of the location so they can give more. I think this is the most goji berry I've had in a dish, making the soup sweet. 

Curry chicken that tasted quite spicy for a Chinese restaurant. More often than not, Chinese curries tend to be heavy on the chili than the spices. This one could easily pass for those served in Indian restaurants.

Fried squid. Or maybe grilled? I don't know. It's confusingly good. Not exactly rubbery but it still takes a bit of effort to eat them. Don't worry, it'll be worth it.

Comments