Just Seafood, Kota Damansara

A-9-G, No. 2 Jalan PJU5/14 PJU5,
Dataran Sunway,
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel# 012-229 0855
https://www.facebook.com/JustSeafoodMY/

Although it's not the pioneer in multiple-seafood-in-one-flavor (I mean, is there a proper term for it?!?), I decided to give the place a shot as it was the cheapest among them. Them being:
 Initially, I wanted to satisfy my crab craving with Fatty Crab since that place has been around longest but the queue and bad online reviews (mainly on price, service and most importantly, quality) left me skeptical as to if it was the best choice to spend my calories and my someone else's money like that. Also, going to a Chinese restaurant would mean the same old style of curry, buttermilk, grilled. So, why not try something entirely different?

There are few different flavors offered for different number of pax. The cheapest was the buttermilk for 2pax (RM 99++). When we ordered that, the waiter looked at us sheepishly and told us that it was non-spicy. Well, yes, thank you, good sir. I wouldn't have expected buttermilk to be otherwise, you see. It wasn't that we I can't take spicy food, my food sponsor would like to keep the tab on the low while being able to satisfy me 😄

In all fairness, the waiter was probably trying to do us a favor by suggesting their Cajun flavor. As it turned out, the buttermilk taste was quite strong, almost didn't blend with the seafood's freshness which was a real pity. For our 2pax, we got one whole crab, few big prawns, few really big prawns and loads of mussels. Like ALOT of mussels. Oh, yea they did throw in some chunks of potatoes, carrots and corn too.

The seafood was really fresh and not overcooked. Mussels weren't rubbery. Crab was quite fleshy. The experience of eating with your hands is something. If you are worried about dirtying your hands, don't bother to try la they do offer gloves. My only sore point is the buttermilk flavor just wasn't suitable for the seafood.

Just Seafood Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments