Country Road


Could you guess where this is?

It's actually on the way to Cyberjaya. There was a major accident causing major backlog so Waze gave me this alternative route. It was funny because along the way, I drove pass chickens (real life clucking chicken with feathers and beaks) and eventually ended up on this desolate path. Of course, it was a little unsettling because the road wasn't even properly tarred. Luckily, it didn't last long before there were signs of civilization.

After about 5years of working in Malaysia's Silicon Valley-wannabe, the travel is something that I'm desensitized to now. From PJ to Cyberjaya via LDP, on good times it'll take me about 45minutes with minimum traffic. On bad days, it could go beyond 1hour. Of course, I could do it in 30minutes at 6.30am but that would mean missing out on my exercise. It may sound strange but I do look forward to it. Just don't ask me when I am actually doing it because the only thing running through my mind then is "omfg, wtf am I torturing myself".

It would make more sense to move to Cyberjaya itself or perhaps somewhere nearer (Puchong?) but the heart wants what it wants and that's PJ 🏡People say that traffic is shit on LDP and within PJ itself. Yes, there are lousy drivers abound on LDP and PJ drivers can sometimes be horrendous but if you've spent half your life in Klang, trust me. We got it good.

Plus, who's to say that I'll end up working in Cyberjaya forever?

Comments