Review: Xiao Bar Wang, One Utama


LG118, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel# +60 3-7722 2950
http://www.xiaobarwang.com/

Occupying a rather small shoplot, this place is sometimes packed and it's been around for at least 5 years now if memory serves me right. Back when my office was next door, fellow (now ex) colleagues would comment that they have decent (cheap) lunches. Not one to go out for lunch (much), I took their word for it. Someone did do a takeaway for me once and it came highly recommended. Attributing it to not consuming it fresh, I found it was just OK. Still preferred Shilin's. 

Would this count as my first or second visit then since I went into the shop itself to have dinner?

Deep fried chicken with salt and pepper. Thumbs up for serving them hot. So hot that I almost burnt my tongue but it was so tempting. However, beyond that heat, the chicken was too dry.

Mee sua with tea egg. The egg was quite nice albeit small. The noodles itself had a pungent parsley smell which I don't like. The gravy was not bad but my opinion still holds: Shilin's is better.

Comments