Review: Seeri Thai, PJ SS2


26,SS2/10
Petaling Jaya
Tel# +60 11-2627 6042

Instead of the main PJ SS2, this is at the other end where it is also known as Chow Yang. Parking here is rather limited but thankfully, it isn't as busy as the main SS2 area.

The place is staffed by Thai folks and they were rather friendly but slow. We were there rather early for dinner, there were only 2 other tables but food still took awhile to arrive. A friend commented that the food standard dropped in recent years so she stopped patronizing them. This is my first visit and unlikely to be the last... if there aren't so many other Thai restaurants around to try.

Lemongrass drink RM 3.50.
This is something that I would never comprehend. The taste of which is just too unique. I think I prefer to have my lemongrass in my tom yum, thank you.

Plain rice RM 2.50
 Although it was slightly wet, the rice was aromatic and deserves a mention of its own. 

Tom Yum pla RM 22.
A rather spicy rendition, the soup tasted good, thanks to the freshness of the seafood and generous dose of dried chilli.

Pork stir fried with basil RM 18
There is no mistaking the herb in this dish which is savory sweet. Very good companion with the rice.

But if you think about the cost of this dish, the profit margin is rather astounding. Maybe one of these days, I'll attempt to recreate this at home. But first, let me clear off my fridge off existing failed cooking experiments.

Stir fried paku RM 13
It still shocks surprises me that Thai food can be so costly. Come on, you can now easily source the ingredients locally. Even if not, it isn't as though logistics to up north is going to cost that much. I found the stalks to be too crunchy, almost under cooked but dinner date didn't share my sentiment. Guess it's just my laziness in chewing my food then.

Tub tim krob RM 6.
Nothing like shaved broken down ice in a sea of coconut milk and waterchest nut to finish off a Thai dinner. This was a nice ending with its creamy milk.

To be honest, this is quite the standard price for Thai meals but why so expensive when your labor is so cheap?!?!?

Comments