Review: BreadFruits, Desa Sri Hartamas

 17, Jalan 26/70a,
Desa Sri Hartamas
Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 03-6201 0090
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BreadFruits/262169787225018?fref=ts

A lazy Sunday, I met up with a gf here as something of a surprise birthday gift for her which somewhat backfired because she already ate few hours before. One of the few people who could put up with my shit enough that she'd ask me out without having me to initiate, it was nice of her to jump to my defense when the rest complains about me not meeting up with them.

It's not that I don't. I just don't ask people out. Period.
But, when an invitation lands at my door (or inbox), most (if not all) the times I'd make an appearance. It's funny how some people can blame me and blow it out of proportion for not making the effort to keep the relationship going.

So, it is perfectly all right for you not to make the first move but I am expected to organize and schedule based on your availability? Right. Oh and when you do make the effort, you either inform me the night before (lucky me) or just few hours prior. As again, that is perfectly all right because the world revolves around you. Or at least my world does. OK, end of ranting.

 She ordered the passionfruit drink. It turned out to be too sweet for her liking.
My orange juice was pretty nice with a tinge of sourness. Both were freshly made.

SatisFry Up RM 23.80: pork sausage, scrambled egg, mashed potato, sauteed mushroom, roasted cherry tomato, arugula, toast.
My breakfast. Simple but hearty though I do feel slightly cheated because heck, even with my mediocre at best cooking skill, this is something which could easily come out of my kitchen, given the right ingredients and motivation. One thing this dish shone through is the freshness. Mushrooms don't usually get my approval but these were pretty good.

 Carrot walnut cake. Instead of the usual slightly oily, dense and spicy version, this one is light and almost airy. Best part is how they toned down on the spices (cinnamon if not mistaken) so the cake is slightly sweeter than your usual carrot cake. I suppose you may not like it if you are looking for the traditional carrot cake but this gets my thumbs up.

The candied orange was a nice contrast with the cake. The sugar icing on top also enhanced the cake further. Unfortunately, my lunch mate found it too sweet (again). Oh well, all the better for me then.

Comments