Review: Abas Nasi Lemak, PJ SS2 Wai Sek Kai

Jalan SS 2/61
Petaling Jaya
 
Appearing on HungryGoWhere's list, I've heard about this place for awhile and decided to check it out. You know, just to see what the fuss is all about. After uploading it onto my Facebook, it didn't register any known location. Quite surprising given how long this place has been around. Heck, it dates all the way back to 2012. Then it dawned on me.

The place may not be called Abas.... The B is probably just torn or victim of vandalism.
Either way, it shouldn't be difficult to spot this stall as it's usually the one with a rather long line. Famed for its Chinese dishes offering, it's not unusual to spot office workers queuing up for their (possibly lonely) dinner at home. They have a good variety of dishes which included curry wild boar.

Unlike other economy rice stalls, here they will scoop the food for you to ensure portion control. Upon hearing that I wanted to try this place, couzzie warned me about its price. I mean, how pricey can it get?

Wanting something spicy, my dinner consisted of long beans stir fried with sambal, curry wild boar and a quarter of slice of omelet. Total damage? RM 7 though it may have been RM 9 and I was cursing under my breath to couzzie's amusement with an "I told you so" look. It wasn't bad but certainly not well worth the price.

Comments