Review: Homestyle Hakka Noodle Restaurant, Cyberjaya

I've lost count of the number of places I tried, thanks to GroupOn. Some are great. Some, like this, still makes me thankful that I didn't have to pay full price for the meal.

We set out for lunch here with hopes of finding a new spot. After 2years of working in Cyberjaya, we pretty much have our usual lunch spots. Shaftsbury Square, Prima 8, Dengkil; you are bound to bump into the same folks every other day =\

Set lunch menu - vegetable soup and curry chicken. The boys didn't care much about the soup which was understandable. But the curry chicken was a little sad story of its own. While one cannot judge from its appearance, its taste was almost as bad as it looks.

You could tell that the meat could have been cooked then frozen and reheated as it didn't taste fresh. The set came with a bowl of rice, small side of vegetables and a very puny omelet. This wasn't part of the GroupOn deal and I felt a little sorry for the boys =(

Hakka cha yuk mee.

Curry chicken Hakka noodles. While the noodles were springy and pleasant to eat, the curry was just mediocre.

People always say that I hold my chopsticks in a weird manner, as though I am holding a pen. Given that is how I've always held them, I failed to see what they meant until someone took a picture and it (sort of) makes sense now. On a plus side, I can still pick food with them. So stop telling me that it's not the right way.

Comments