Review: The Good Batch, D'sara Uptown



One of the more thriving cafes in Uptown, The Good Batch serves not only coffee but food as well, both of which they are pretty impressive with. One thing that I don't particularly like is how the place can get really crowded and noisy as there aren't as much noise absorbent materials in the enclosed restaurant. Also, the lighting here is pathetic unless you turn on your camera flash which I absolutely effin abhor.

RM 10 orange juice. You'd think it's cold pressed but I highly doubt it as cold pressed juice hadn't caught on then. The other day I bought 2bottles of 1.5l of orange juice for RM 9 as it came with a Pizza Hut voucher. Just when I thought I got myself a good deal, the voucher had already expired. Felt slightly cheated. Here's looking at you AEON One Utama ¬_¬

RM 9 Cafe mocha. I only started drinking more than average priced  expensive coffee not too long ago. Blame it on them hipsters for bleeding my purse dry. It doesn't help when your friends are better off than you and they prefer to go to some pretentious joint that your local friendly neighborhood mamak. Maybe I should get equally as stingy prudent friends to hang out at RM 2.50 drinks joint. Maybe I should focus on getting friends first. 

The coffee was rather strong. A nice aroma and it didn't really give my tummy the kick that coffee usually does.

JAPANESE: Silken scrambled eggs under a lightly battered soft shell crab, drizzled with homemade Wasabi mayo, served with a side of cold potato salad.
cold potato salad is.... an acquired taste.
The crabs were soggy courtesy of the salad which to be honest, is a very acquired taste. At RM 25.90, you would really like cold potato salad to be ordering this.

NORWEGIAN: Smoked salmon, capsicum and onion confit, topped with a pair of perfectly poached eggs and homemade lemon infused Hollandaise. Quite a steal at RM 20.90.

There was a point of time I wanted to make my own Hollandaise sauce. Yes, I am adventurous and ambitious like that. Gave up the idea when reminded that it'll require really fresh eggs =\
Poached eggs are quite the perfect companion to this rich sauce and the smoked salmon makes it feel like a breakfast but with food this good, does it matter what time of the day it is?

Comments