How To: Cook Tomato Rice

Better late than never, I know I'm slow to jump on the bandwagon but finally I got the chance to. Everyone had been raving about how simple and delicious this dish was. Being a very lazy person, this dish fitted me well. Usually, I don't cook rice unless if the occasion calls for it (special dish). With some leftover roast duck and chicken which would be too salty on their own and since there was a tomato in my fridge, it seemed like a great time to test it out.

The recipe is simple enough; cook the rice with the tomato. Even I could do that.
Except for my version, I decided to throw in the frozen meat because time management is something I haven't quite mastered. Make a cross across the tomato so that it'll be easier to mush up when it's all ready.

The flavors from the meat seeped into the rice and the tomato's juice was also absorbed into it.
The meat was removed and the tomato was mixed together with the rice.

With some leftover lettuce, it turned into a rather healthy wholesome meal. Except for the fatty, oily roast meat. One thing though, the rice ended up being rather soggy with the tomato so if you rather not have baby food, you can let it cook in the rice cooker for a little longer. Just remember to stir it around, otherwise the rice will stick to the bottom which really isn't such a bad thing after all as it'll end up being crunchy =D

Comments