The Foul Bachelorette's dinner

Last year, I caught the cooking bug and cooked bugs my dinners with whatever I could get my hands on. Mainly leftover, really. You'd think that after awhile, my cooking skill would have improved. The only thing that has would be my tolerance level towards my own cooking. Perhaps my stomach has given up on my cooking like how my heart has given up on love.

Pork knuckle and fresh Japanese cucumbers. There was a period of time I used to buy the cucumbers weekly. Not only are they crunchy (makes for a good bite), they are also refreshing and very good for people on diets. After awhile, I got tired of them and slowly gave up that they rotted away in my fridge =\ So much for eating healthy.

Obviously I didn't cook the pork knuckle unless reheating counts as cooking.

Chicken chop and stir fried cauliflower. My parents have a knack of getting frozen meat. To date, they have gotten gourmet sausages (the jumbo ones), lamb chops and chicken chop. All of them were pretty good cuts, some even marinated nicely. This was the case with the chicken which unfortunately, I managed to char slightly. People say BBQ and eating those blackened parts (linked to carcinogens) may give you cancer.

Admit it, you probably know of one person personally who led a healthy lifestyle but still caught cancer. What gives? Ass luck?

I don't generally take French beans but they looked rather fresh that day so, why not? Chicken was marinated with miso paste. Yes, the same one that they use to make soup in Japanese restaurants. It turned out surprisingly good =D

One of the rare occasions when I decided to cook a full meal of rice, soup and mains. This is my version of vegetarian. Steamed egg, brown rice, miso soup and blanched kailan and tofu.

Another wholesome meal of rice, steamed egg and chicken soup. Usually when I cook a particular dish, it would be enough to feed me for the whole week but given my craving for variety, they end up in my freezer. For awhile.

Lately, most of my cooking have become lazy. Chopped up some carrots and threw in some leftover fried chicken. Added an egg for extra protein. It turned out quite nice. Just goes to show that you don't need bombastic ingredients. Or just lower your standards.
Everything becomes nice.

There was a point of time when I got so broke that I bought a packet of yee mee for dinner. I don't believe in instant noodles unless if it's from Thailand or Korea. Even so, it's been ages since I bought any. Mainly get a packet or two from people traveling to Thailand. There's always someone going there every other month =D

My yee mee is still sitting in my cupboard, having consumed only two. It's just that nowadays, I don't cook dinner anymore. Actually, I don't eat dinner anymore if I could help it. Partly because no money. Partly because on diet. Partly because I am lazy like that. Yes, it's possible to be lazy to eat. So if nobody asks me out, I probably end up starving in front of my laptop and look at the food pictures I took and go to sleep with a rumbling stomach. It's not as bad as it seems though. Just think about the money saved, the weight lost. The end justify the means. Or was it the other way round ....

Anyway, this is leftover from the other dinner. By itself, the noodle is almost rather bland tasteless. I added some hot sauce courtesy of my uncle to spice things up.

Comments