Review: Hai Tian, Seri Kembangan

No.9 , Jalan BPP 8/2 ,
Bandar Putra Permai,
43300 Seri Kembangan
Tel# +60 3-8943 5002
 How often do you look back at the things you wish you did? I occasionally do when blogging about things in the past. Like way past. I should be more prompt when it comes to food reviews especially since most of them tend to close down within the span of one year after opening their doors for business. Thankfully, Hai Tian is one that would probably be around for awhile now as it does serve rather good Chinese food and it's the nearest to Cyberjaya. So, it made sense to come here for CNY lunch or a (grand) farewell lunch.

 The salmon yee sang was quite expensive. About rm 60 for a half pax. Maybe it's the salmon? Is the year going great for us so far? Well, every dog has its day just like every cloud has a silver lining.

 The name of this veggie eludes me (like always) but the taste is  memorable one. The closest I could describe it is akin to eating wild grass, though it's not as though I've tried that either. 

 Stir fried kangkung with chili. I don't like it when they use the old greens with lots of stalk, so much of effort to eat. It isn't going to be a surprise if my old age seems me on a drip and no food to review.

 Siew pak choy stir fried with garlic. There's something about these which makes me balk at the sight of them. Not just in their mini but also full grown version. Perhaps its the hard/crunchy stalk. The worst part is I don't know their names and tg seems to have an affinity for them.

if you don't like them so much, why don't you say so before/when i ordered them? 
because i don't know what they are called. by the time i realized, it's already too late...
-_-"'' 

Such is the joy of eating with a clueless picky eater.

 Deep fried seafood tofu with century egg.
Both were rather mediocre with the tofu not having a crunchy skin and the egg wasn't creamy.

 Deep fried yam ring.

 My father used to order this much during my childhood and it baffled me then. Sure, it was deep fried but yam wasn't something in my eat list. Somehow, over the years, I grew to appreciate its rich flavor and this is a dish that's become tolerable, enjoyable in some instances.

 Deep fried squid in two way of mayo and spicy chili. 

 The sweetness of the mayo can rival the savory heat of the curry leaves which aren't that spicy. Deep fried and squid are the kind of things that make my heart beat faster and not just from the cholesterol.

 Stewed lamb. A not to be missed dish unless you can't stand the gamey flavor, they cooked the meat long enough that it's soft and the earthy tones flavors deeply marinated.

 Claypot fish in Teochew style. A dish that's best when there's a large party, the fish is fresh and it's cooked with quite a lot of ingredients that turn the soup into another meal of its own. 

If it sounded I have been complaining about the food here, well, that's an error on my part as the food is pretty decent. Just don't expect it to be cheap because it's rather out of the way. 

Comments