Review: Frisky Goat, TTDI


72, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel# +60 3-7731 2965
https://www.facebook.com/FriskyGoat/
I don't think I'll ever get used to the idea that just opposite of 1Utama is the district of Kuala Lumpur. But that is  exactly where the Selangor/KL boundary lies. As such, it always cracks me up when there's a state holiday while offices in TTDI remain open. Conversely, I cry when they get their federal territory holidays while I slave away. Like, so not fair. Anyway, this is one of the many hipster/Instagram cafes that have popped up over the years and has been doing relatively well for itself. I mean, the fact that it still remains open till this day, almost 1year later from this visit, is testimony to its profitability.
 
Salted caramel cake RM 9.
This was quite a steal, considering that most cafes charge minimum RM 12 but usually around RM 15 for a slice of cake. While the saltiness wasn't very pronounced, I liked that the air wasn't dense or rich. If anything, it could use with a bit more chocolate. Still, it's a decent slice of cake.

Mocha RM 9.
Their coffee, on the other hand, was rather rich. Knowing their clientele quite well, mine had a cute bear though depending on how you look at it, maybe a frog. Or a girl. Taste wise, I liked it and it paired quite well with my cake.

How do you enjoy your cuppa latte while still enjoying the barista's effort? The bear was just too cute yet in my effort to preserve it, perhaps, on hindsight, it would have been better to have just drank away the art than for it to end up looking like The Scream, a far cry of its glorious beginning.

Comments