Review: Teo Chew Moi, Bandar Puteri Puchong


 18, Jalan Puteri 2/4,
Bandar Puteri,
47100 Puchong
Tel# +60 3-8063 5541

I used to takeaway Teochew porridge quite often when I first shifted to PJ because my only other options were mamak or taichow. It seemed healthier. This place is located in Puchong and they offer free refills of porridge and brown rice.

What's truly impressive is their spread of dishes. It would put any chap fan stall to shame as their dishes were not only plentiful but also looks appetizing. I suppose that's necessary since you are eating something quite bland.

They also have their dishes in ready to serve portions. My OCD self was quite amazed at the attention to detail. Nothing sloppy here.

This would be my favorite section: deep fried. Also happen to be the worst option if you are trying to eat healthy. Of course, you can console yourself by saying it's coupled with porridge/brown rice, can't hurt much. That, my friend, is the beginning of your downward spiral. Your cheat day becomes cheat week that the word cheat no longer exists in your vocabulary altogether because every meal is just fatty, deep fried, artery clogging food.

Opted for porridge simply because. As expected, it was quite bland.

The dishes, on the other hand, was saltier than you'd get ordinarily. Probably to make up for the blandness of the porridge. These are all simple dishes and taste wise, they aren't bad but nothing I would drive all the way there just to have.

Comments