Review: Nandos


 With so many restaurants not just in Malaysia but worldwide, do I need to do anymore of an introduction for this chain? I've been to a few of them:
  • 1Utama 
  • Cyberjaya
  • Citta Mall 
  • The Curve
  • Bangsar 
For the most part, their quality is quite standard across the board. The service is a hit and miss thing, depending on the location and time. 1Utama's usually crowded but service is still acceptable. Bangsar's not as crowded but service is deplorable.


They offer refillable soft drinks at around RM 6.90. Are you shameless enough to order one to be shared between two people? I mean, there's no policy in there stating that's not right.

 My choice of flavor is without fail the hot Peri Peri. I would then top it up with more hot sauce. Occasionally, when my adventurous side comes out to play, it's the extra hot sauce. Life's short. Live a little.

Over the years, the size of their chicken seems to have decreased. When they first came out in Malaysia, they gave sizable cuts with juicy and succulent flavorful meat. Nowadays, their chicken looks quite scrawny like they just walked out a fashion runway. Luckily, the taste is still good.

 To make it a meal, 2 side dishes would be just right. This was a very carb-y lunch. Their rice is actually quite good, think it was cooked with a hint of spices and mixed veg to give it that sweet taste. Their wedges are commendable as well, crunchy on the outside.

 I decided to try the roast veg one time. Somehow, their definition of vegetable differs a fair bit lot from mine. For starters, onion ain't a veg. Neither is bell pepper. So, this was kinda wasted on me. Well, I was hoping for, say, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower.

How many of you have tried their dessert menu? Actually, this was my first attempt. Thanks to my hormones, I found out that their dessert is quite good.

 Caramel cheesecake RM 9.90
Muscovado sugar smothered in rich and creamy caramel. 

 I wasn't quite sure what to expect but look at that glistening top. Like it was calling out to me.
Most restaurants that don't really shout out their dessert are usually doing it for a good reason i.e. their dessert isn't that great. Now, this one isn't mindbogglingly good but it does deserve a special mention. The cheese cake wasn't too cheesy but it is quite dense. The caramel top wasn't too sweet and coffee would be a perfect companion for it.

This ain't a complaint but it certainly didn't look much like the menu. At all.

Comments