Review: Lotte Petit Choco Pie


I remember my first time having a choco pie was when an ex-colleague offered it to me in the office. My first choco pie left a good impression but not enough for me to start hunting for it in the supermarkets. She also happened to tell me that it was a specialty snack, which translated to me as a luxurious snack. That was enough to deter me from allowing it to escalate into an obsession.

That was during my first job. Earning RM 1500 certainly puts things into perspective.

Fast forward few years, I stumbled upon Orion's. Even bought a box because they weren't that expensive. It was as enjoyable as I recall them to be. Again, it didn't make me want to replenish after I finished the box. By myself. Somehow, if you read its Wiki, one can't help but to feel sorry for the North Koreans.

Recently, a fellow colleague gave me this because he didn't realize that it contained alcohol. Oh well, one man's poison, another man's honey.

Each pie is individually wrapped. Of course, if you like sweet stuff, nothing is going to stop you from opening one after another.

The idea of chocopie is very simple. Chocolate covered cake with marshmallow in the middle. It doesn't get too crumbly so not very messy. I like the chocolate on the outside before you sink into the soft marshmallow.

A cross section of the pie.
I couldn't detect any hint of alcohol or it would have been really low. Not too sweet and I could see myself buying this again. If only to do so on behalf of the North Koreans.

Comments