The green snack attack

Unintentionally, today's post is all green. Also partly because I am going green with envy nose snots.
Pardon my humor. It is difficult to think with a nose that is starting to clog up.

This isn't exactly a snack but it's still green. My coffee addiction got so bad to the point that I bought a bag of these instant coffee for my weekend caffeine fix. Cheaper than Starbucks and all your hipster joints, it turned out to be worse because I couldn't get enough. First one started nice. But it didn't satisfy my craving. Hence the second. Which should have done the trick. But no.... If anything it made it worse as it made me want more. fml.

Coconut angku or red tortoise cake. I've always like the original red version with its savory mung bean paste filling but there are few different fillings which piqued my interest. The coconut turned out to be a nice desert version. It complements the chewy skin well, even more than the mung bean.

My onsite guy is a nice chap. He offers me food when I least expect but could really use some. This was one when he popped by the supermarket to buy some drink. I've never seen this before and wouldn't cross my mind to pop it into my shopping cart. So it was nice of him to splurge me like that.
As for the chocolate themselves, mint and dark chocolate are supposed to work but sadly, M&M's just failed to deliver. The mint was too strong against the chocolate which didn't have that distinct bitterness to it.

When this was first launched, the radio and blogosphere community were just singing praises about it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have given a rat's ass but (no) thanks to hormones, I found myself buying a tube to see what the fuss is all about.
Social influencers, online marketing, whatever you call yourselves while heaping praises on this new chip on the block, are you sure this is what you'd pick if it was the last snack you could eat for the rest of your life? It's not bad but certainly, it would have been quite a bit of money for you to endorse it the way it was elevated.

Feeling peckish but cheap (as always), a bag of Chipster felt like a good compromise. Let it be known that I am not someone who indulges in potato chips. No, siree, not at all. I've been raised to be better than that. These are another form of my guilty pleasure. Well, at least mine doesn't involve BDSM or the likes.
As someone not very familiar with chips in general, I found these to be rather heavy with sodium. The sour cream and onion flavor was not too strong. Maybe that's by design?

This, my friends and enemies alike, is what any self respecting potato chip snacker should enjoy at least once in their lifetime. Also, do yourself a favor and get the imported instead of the local version. How do you tell? Well, the former would cost around RM 6.50 while the latter retails at a cheaper RM 4.50 (if not cheaper). The RM2 difference would be very worth it. For one, the chips are thinner i.e. crispier. The flavor is more intense too. This would be one snack that I wouldn't mind going monogamous for. I'd live and die for Pringles alone.

So... please support them and buy more ok? I don't want Jaya Grocer to pull them off the shelves and deprive my hormones off some sodium loving =D

Comments