Review: Zest Cafe, Bangsar South

 Unit 1-2, 1st Floor,
The Sphere, No 1, Avenue 1,
Bangsar South,
8 Jalan Kerinchi
Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 03-2242 0389
https://www.facebook.com/ZestCafeRestaurant
 My fourth date from Tinder almost didn't materialize because I took the wrong turn T_T I felt quite bad because I kinda rushed him to get to dinner since I finished at 5pm, he at 6pm. Felt damn sure that I would reach early, it turned out the opposite because I took the wrong turn. Traffic, why you work against me?!?!

Anyway, all is forgiven because he wasn't even sure if I would even turn up =D
Ordered myself a coffee  because grumpy, hungry amy makes for a bad date. This is just to make it slightly more bearable for him.

 Mushroom soup which is rather diluted in terms of texture but taste wise, it was all right. They probably cooked it using real mushroom before pulsing it in a blender.

 Chicken aglio olio. Supposedly a healthy dinner option for gym after that which didn't materialize. I know, I know, I am a bad influence.
No, no, we didn't head back to anywhere else for 'coffee'. We did head to Starbucks across the road for coffee.

 Seafood carbonara.
Admittedly, it was the cream that made me order this. Any cream based pasta is bound to fill you up especially if you hadn't had lunch. Who cares that I was at the risk of looking like a glutton on the very first date, to boot? Boy, if you can't stomach my appetite (no pun intended), you ain't got a place in my life yo.

Happy to report that the portion was commendable with the star of the dish being the cream sauce itself. I didn't care much about the seafood, particularly with the prawns that are larger than usual as they were unfortunately, not very fresh. The rest of them were overcooked but I forgive because of the awesome sauce.

Comments