Book#Mar2016: The Mothman Prophecies by John A. Keel


The reason why I bought this (apart from it being relatively cheap) is because of Richard Gere. Not that I have watched the movie but if it was good enough for Hollywood, the book can't fare that badly. Unfortunately, that is one of the many fallacies I believed in during my youth. Can't say that my decision making skill is any better now but I am learning.

The book starts out promising enough as an introduction to UFO. Whether or not those events really unfolded or if they did as a figment of people's imagination, I don't know. I don't care. The initial storytelling is done in a rather neutral, unbiased manner. Heck, there are even few punchlines thrown in for good measure. Sadly, the storyline only went downhill half way thru the book that my eyes were tearing reading them. There wasn't enough humor to save this book from turning into some crazed UFO fanatic's wild dream.

This book is perfect for those bonfire nights, you know the kind where you go out in the wilderness and set up a small fire while everyone is gathered around to exchange horror story. Only instead of retelling the tales from this book, it would be better used to serve as the bonfire starter.

~ Feb - Fast Food Nation

Comments