Wawasan 2020

What did 2020 mean for you? Is it flying cars? A better country? For me, it seemed such a long way to go that it hasn't quite sunk in yet that this is the year that my former-and-again-current prime minister promised oh-so-many things. Actually, there are only 9 but lets be honest, each is very fully loaded. Politics and whatnot are not my forte so I'll stop being pretentious here.

Somehow, the start of 2019, or rather end of 2018, was a true indicator of things to be. The fortune that I took for granted has decided to forsake me. My luck was deteriorating to the point that my benefactor has left me to fend for myself in 2020. Of course, that wasn't entirely my doing (why do men always think that women have to give up their career for their own?!?!). Still, it would be interesting to see how 2020 pans out.

In terms of personal growth/development, it would appear that my mental state alongside my spiritual self has gone into the gutters. Like I'm no longer part of the cool kids. Nor even with the emo or goth kids. Normal, boring folks, I wish that's the case, yet again, no. There is no longer that sense of belonging and the (should be) scary part is I don't seem to care anymore. Perhaps I've lost much of myself in these recent years that I feel the need to blog again to find my voice. And hopefully, eventually, find myself in the process.

Though, how would one know once they've found what they are looking for, especially with something so abstract?  Like what makes one what/who they are? Is it what others see in them? Or how they themselves look in? I don't know the answer but it feels like this is a journey that I must undertake to get my life back on track. Again, on track to where, I don't know 😂 Lost my way to a destination that is unknown, my only hope is that with each step, it'll bring forth some consolation/comfort in knowing I'm closer.


Just like how I would get fat even if I don't drink all the boba teas in the world Klang Valley, I should probably not bother with resolutions since my last one was an utter disgrace. Does it count though that:

  • my daily lessons are on-going 
  • exercise daily or at least meet the 150 minutes weekly quota 

These have been ingrained into my lifestyle so much that they really shouldn't make it into my resolution list. Hence, my ambitious self has decided to embark upon a new journey of:

  • blog once a day (or at least make up for it to have one post a day) 
  • complete my home redo 
  • finish machine learning. If only I could get the machine to do that on my behalf 😪

I'm not the best person to comment/advise much about making/sticking to your resolution(s) so please go read this instead. If you're also having problems with your resolutions, lets share because what better way to fail than with someone else worse than you?

Comments