Stammtisch KL, Bukit Damansara

18-G, Jalan Medan Setia 2, 
Plaza Damansara, 
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur 
Tel# 03-2302 1190

How many German restaurants are there in Klang Valley that serves beyond pork knuckle and sauerkraut? Octoberfest fairs don't count. Given my passion for (learning) the German language, you'd think that its food would get me even more excited. The sad part is yes, the thought of stuffing myself silly with wurst is great especially it's all protein but that also happen to be a rather costly affair. 

 So many different sausages, so little money. In the odd chance people do ask me why German of all the languages in the world, my favorite response is always "because I love sausages". Oh the look on their faces.

 Baby spinach salad with roasted pumpkin and cheese.
We were rather divided on this starter as some found it way too salty, almost like biting into the bits of salt, while one found that it was all right. I think my RM 6.90 Genting salad is way better than this, mainly due to the salt factor. Otherwise, it was  light and fresh with some sweetness courtesy of the pumpkin and cherry tomatoes.

 Spaghetti bolognese.
This wasn't our top pick but they weren't making pizzas during the festive season. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as this was the best dish of the night. The sauce was light and tangy, with bits of meat here and there. They were also generous with the mushroom.

 Nurnberger. Or some mini sausages.
Either way, for a German restaurant, the sausages were a disappointment. I guess the word mini was a hint of things to come but my mind thought that mini would be short but fat. Turned out they were still long, just thinner. They were quite dry on the inside, flavor was just so-so. Is this what they are supposed to taste like or did we come on the wrong day?

Mashed potato was our consolation to an otherwise sad sausage dish. There was also sauerkraut on the side which provided a nice break from the meat.

 I dub this: Theo's special.


Stammtisch KL Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

chloe said…
My, Nurnberger sausages are meant to be this size - long and tiny, try googling it. Know your sausage before commenting about it!