Antipodean, Atria PJ

 G37 & GK1, Ground Floor, 
Atria Shopping Gallery, 
Jalan SS 22/23, 
Damansara Jaya, 
47400 Petaling Jaya 
Tel#03-7732 8594


I recall their first branch in Bangsar, serving up all the healthy brunch to all the atas folks of Bangsar. Well, it's not long before they decided that PJ people also can be quite atas that they opened up a branch in this mall. Passing through their cafes, their menus are handwritten on the wall, always enticing you to pay a visit. Little did I realize that that is their actual menu. Or have they stopped provided a proper menu recently?

When we took our seat, the waiter explained that we would need to scan a QR code on the table for the full menu. Why do everyone like to assume that:

  • everyone has a smart phone 
  • it comes with a lot/enough data for finicky people who can't decide and need to flip through the pages 
  • their website is fast enough to handle indecisiveness (read: going back and forth between the sections) 

Look, I work in IT, deal with a lot of IT through the day. When I'm not working, I also happen to be on my phone perpetually. Is it so wrong for me to want a proper menu? Everyone's jumping on that whole electronic bandwagon, can you start to have electronic sex too!?!? Actually, wait, I think that's what VR sex is all about.

Anyway, after much frustration dealing with a buggy script on their site, we ordered with the waiter which tbh defeats the purpose altogether but whatever.

Turned out that it was going to a lamb dinner as we both ordered lamb dishes. Do you find that after being with someone for sometime, your choices tend to have a common ground, if not the same? Sure, that's romantic for some but personally, it can get rather annoying because I wanted that dish 😠

Lime-infused lamb kebab with golden couscous (RM 30)
Pieces of lamb stuck on a stick and grilled slightly, like so slightly until in the middle, some of them are still pink. Good because it means they aren't so hard/chewy. Bad because they could be under-cooked. I don't recall if it gave me an upset tummy because the reality is, it doesn't take much to upset my tummy 😆Just like my self-esteem, confidence, mental well-being, among others.

I didn't pay much attention so that bed of couscous was a nice surprise. Airy and grainy, it was a bit dry on its own so you might wanna have it with the salad or the mint sauce. The chips were chunky though my personal preference is fries over chips. Don't look down on 2 sticks of meat with some salad, grilled cherry tomatoes, couscous and chips because this was quite filling. Overall, very clean flavors, wish the lamb was cooked just a wee bit more.

Mike Moore's Kiwi lamb burger (RM 26)
Based on one bite, it was rather tender and certainly not under-cooked. It was an edge bite so maybe the center would have more sauce? 😬


Antipodean Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments