Ocean Point, Kota Kemuning

 48, Jalan Anggerik Vanilla 31M,
Kota Kemuning,
40460 Shah Alam
Tel#03-5121 0553

Ocean Point is famous for great food as well as notorious prices. How notorious? Well, fortunately enough, I didn't have the opportunity to find out this time as my aunt offered to pay 😂 This is their porridge which didn't come with anything. Like just plain porridge.

Claypot kangkung or water spinach. This order was mistakenly sent to our table and since only few of us knew what was ordered, we just dug in. There's the taste of garlic and that slight stir fry taste, thanks to the claypot cooking method.

The actual veg dish that we ordered which I don't know what it's called as it's not in my usual order list. This one also does have the garlic taste.

Braised potato with minced pork. 
A crowd pleaser, what's not to like about potatoes and pork? Cooked until tender, the potato just crumbles with a poke. If only my finger could do that in real life, like just poke and poof, the problem just crumbles away.

Braised yam and pork ribs.
I wasn't expecting much from this but damn, it was so good. The yam had been braised long enough that it has disintegrated into the gravy, turning it into this thick goo. It sounds much worse than it tastes. Believe me on this one ok.

Eggplant with minced pork.
This was a tad bit too rich for my liking. Maybe it's the soy sauce. The eggplant still had a bit of texture so it wasn't all mush. Definitely must have with rice. Otherwise, a wee bit salty.

Steamed chicken.
It was for a family lunch and no Chinese family lunch is complete without this dish. Or at least in my household. The chicken was perfectly cooked, no raw or reddish joints. Well marinated. Good on its own.

Steamed ball.
Their signature dish which is rightfully so with its bouncy texture. There's a hint of dried squid in there. Can be a snack but I like it with the soy sauce gravy poured on rice.

Fried squid with salted egg.
Perhaps my first time having fried sotong with shallots and curry leaves. No thick batter (yay!). Each bite full of salted egg taste. Yummy.

Restaurant Ocean Point Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments