Restaurant SYW, Cyberjaya

G6-G9,Third Avenue,
Jalan Teknokrat 3  
63000 Cyberjaya
Tel#012-303 9831

This is not an actual restaurant but a stall located within the latest Chinese food court in Cyberjaya. The entire place is still very new, barely opened for a month. There are few different stalls available (bah kut teh, tai chow, Japanese curry rice and few others that I can't recall now). SYW was one of them and if I didn't bother to research on them, I thought that they serve the worst roast duck ever.

I would like to retract that as they happen to be rather famous back in my hometown (Ipoh mali, make some noise). Does that mean Ipoh people got bad/low standard when it comes to food? I'd like to think that I happen to be there on a bad day. The char siew were unmemorable, didn't have that caramelized fat. The rice could have been a star if it was drier as there's that hint of fat in it. What should have been their signature dish, the roast duck, was such a disappointment that if I were the duck, I would have committed suicide, dismembered my body so much that there's no salvaging.

Not only was the meat tough, it was very difficult to chew. You can't say that it's me as another colleague (a guy, nonetheless) concurred as we ordered the same thing. Maybe we should have waited awhile for such teething issues to be dealt with, which I hope is soon because ffs, I'm getting phobia of going for colleagues' farewells in Nam Heong.

Comments

ZachSaMe said…
will be awesome if you can make a thorough list of cyberjaya cafes too yea ;)