Chao Xian FishBall Yong Tau Fu 潮仙鲜鱼丸酿豆腐, Sunway Mas

80-1, Jalan PJU 1/3b, 
Sunway Mas Commercial Center,
47301 Petaling Jaya 
Tel#012-975 8001
Another newcomer to this hood, their menu is pretty limited to yong tau foo and noodles. While the noodles is about RM 7/bowl, the yong tau foo items cost RM 1.50 on average. That feels rather hefty for me, though I have to confess I don't really pay attention to food prices much these days since it ain't coming out of my pocket😆

You can pick either soup, dry or curry. Then, the types of noodle are the usual suspects of horfun, lohshufan and another that I obviously have not much care for.

Soup loh shu fun. Surprisingly, the noodle did come with some minced meat and fishball, along some fresh lettuce. Yea, I was expecting it to be noodles and only noodles 😅 The flavor was simple, nothing strong like pork noodles.

Curry hor fun. At first glance, my heart sank a little because it looked like a lump of powder meshed together in a sea of orange. Turned out that the noodles were pretty silky smooth like a freshly waxed leg. So good that you could slurp it up, the noodles, not the legs though I'm mildly interested to know how you'd do the other one.. Anyway, the curry was mediocre, it didn't have the rich coconut milk taste to it. There were also few bits of chicken thigh thrown in to make it a complete meal by itself. While it's not bad, I don't think it'll be on my order next time.

Medley of yong tau fu and of course, their signature dish (me thinks), fish balls.
The fried fu chok has a thin layer of fish paste underneath, luckily it was still crunchy. The taupok was quite all right, not so much of air but tofu. Fried stuffed tofu was also quite good, though you need some chili to give it more taste.

Their fish balls are worth a special mention for they had such a bouncy texture, minus the fishy taste that it's almost unbelievable. So bouncy that they could be used a ping pong balls.


Chao Xian FishBall Yong Tau Fu 潮仙鲜鱼丸酿 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments