Sushi King, Pusat Bandar Puchong

 Tesco Hypermarket Puchong
Lot 16 & 16A, Ground Floor
No. 148-149, Jalan Bandar 3
Pusat Bandar Puchong
47100 Puchong
https://sushi-king.com/

Back in those days when I first started working, Sushi King was making waves. Mostly because they didn't have any competitor in the same range. If you didn't want to pay top dollars eating at reputable Japanese restaurants, then your only choice is the King. Over the years, came along Sakae Sushi and Sushi Zanmai. In more recent times, you get even cheaper sushi from Sushi Mentai. I don't have the stats but my guess is Sushi King definitely took a hit as these places are always packed to the brim. However, the King has most definitely retained its own customer base as they've stayed in business up to this day.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of a decent sushi meal in Sushi King but because I had a craving for it (sushi in general) and not wanting to endure the jam back to PJ, we ended up having dinner here. Not much of an expectation so it turned out better than I'd imagine.

Their price range has certainly increased since I first got to try. Most of the plates are at least RM 4. If you compare that to Sakae Sushi, definitely more expensive and it does add up to quite a bit. Portion wise, it's about the same per plate.

Started off with salmon sushi. At least it's not a thin sliver of the fish on top of a thumb of rice. Pretty fresh, just not happy that I paid what I paid for.

 Crab stick salad with fish roe gunkan sushi.
These were kinda small, luckily not too soggy of seaweed.
\
 Spicy pickled jelly fish sushi
Not too spicy with some texture to it.

 Baby ocotopus sushi.
Again, I wish that they would have given more of the octopus which was quite nice.


 Pan fried beef strips with cheese and mayo sushi.
It's an odd combo, only saved by the fatty beef that was cooked just right so it wasn't tough or rubbery.

 Deep fried chicken bites with mayo sushi
This didn't work as well as the beef. Partly because the chicken was rather cold, maybe it would have been better if it was freshly fried? But then, it wouldn't go so well with the cold rice.

Fried oyster sushi
Just because I want me some oyster to get the groove on, it just wasn't worth it. You can taste some of the oyster but as it's shriveled up post frying, nothing much left there.

 Deep fried hard boiled egg topped with crab stick salad.
Although I'm a kid by heart (and mentally at times), these would be any kids favorite. Eggs, deep fried bread crumbs, mayo, what more could a kid on its way to obesity ask for?

 Teriyaki grilled fish.
This is sort of like their choose-your-own combo meal. I wanted to try their fish which turned out to be a little cold and too sweet. The taste is ok if it was served warm. Not much of flesh as it's quite a big piece of bone. Wish I could say that to people who tells me I'm big. It's my goddamn bones.

Udon with half cooked egg.
 Part 2 of the combo, it's a slightly smaller than normal portion of noodles with bits of deep fried tempura batter, making the soup oilier than it should be. However, as this was piping hot, I loved the dish. Only problem is the fried bits was no longer crunchy. Egg was perfectly executed as it was soft on the outside and just oozing when you poke the yolk.

Sushi King Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments