Lim Chicken Rice, Selayang


 30 Jalan SJ17,
Taman Selayang Jaya,
68100 Selayang
 Selayang is a very far off place for a PJ-ite. Hence, it's lucky that I didn't come all the way for this because it was so not worth it. Not that the food and service were bad. For the same stuff, I could easily go around my PJ hood instead of enduring the traffic and sun. Selayang is just too goddamn far.

We were simply here to get something which surprisingly has reached its end of life. Expected low life expectancy or bad quality, well, I'm not going to giveaway on how lazy I have become 😂

 Oily rice because you want to get that flavored rice to go with the roast meat. Of course, you can opt for normal white rice and douse it with thick sweet soy sauce but what's the fun in that?

 Blanched iceberg lettuce with soy sauce and topped with fried shallot. Some people like to think that having a serving of vegetable makes up for all the other junk that they consume. I happen to like to fool myself like that. It's easily to believe that when the veggie is crunchy and tastes good, thanks to the flavored oil.

Roast pork and char siew platter.
The former was not bad. The latter, however, is quite a sad state. You don't get that caramelized skin, not juicy fat to melt in your mouth.


Comments