Nene Chicken, Atria PJ


 Level 2, Lot S226 Starling Mall branch.
Jalan ss21/37, Damansara Uptown,
47400 Petaling Jaya
http://www.nenechicken.com.my/
https://www.facebook.com/nenechickenmalaysia/
When you are willing to pay more, your options widen and you're more likely to enjoy the experience even more. If not, why you go pay more for?!?!? However, in the Korean fried chicken genre, I'm inclined to say that they are all about the same price range (read: pricey). Since Chicken Up gave me a rather good experience, I was curious to see how Nene fares.

Instead of the standard thigh, Nene offers smaller portion of different cuts which I appreciate more as it's cheaper in a way. Different cuts and flavor command different pricing. You can top up RM 5 to turn it into a set meal with fries and refillable soft drinks. The chickens themselves was about RM 15 onward.

 On the left is original with sweet and spicy sauce, on the right is plain original.
Between both, the latter is surprisingly tastier as the skin was crispier. The sweet sauce was quite pronounced on the other. Not so much of a spiciness there.

The chicken also came with pickles which were a little puzzling as it didn't quite fit with the chicken. Good on its own and that's about it as it was rather too sour for the chicken. Their fries (came with the set) were all right, not as thin as McDonald's but also not as heavy handed with the salt.

I did enjoy my first experience here and look forward to trying out their other flavors, if I can stop myself from ordering the original again ๐Ÿ˜„


NeNe Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments