Tea & croissant: Thug Hotel life


My hotel room included breakfast from the hotel cafe. This is their cappuccino because their ready made coffee didn't taste good. According to a colleague, that is. I was just happy to be having some coffee.

The buffet spread here is mainly Western. There's the usual cold cuts, cheese platter, sauteed mushroom, scrambled eggs and lots of bread. You can go light with cereal and yogurt. Finish it off with juices e.g. orange, apple, cranberry. Ordinarily, breakfast doesn't exist in my world but when you put such an awesome spread in front of me, it'll be a sin not to indulge. Also, it's already been paid for.

Sure, they are all carbs but heck, I'm on holiday work trip.

Oh they have sausages too. This is more than what my lunch is but my appetite did increase. I suspect due to the low temperature. And yes, it's packaged Nutella. I couldn't help it. Anymore and it'll be my new obsession soon.

Maybe it's the weather. Or the brain processing takes up a lot of energy. My appetite peaked during my trip despite the lack of physical activity. 7minutes of morning workout before shower, 1min walk to bus stop, 1min walk to office, 3flights of staircase barely add up to any physical activity. I consoled myself over the fact that the weather just makes my body crave for more food as fuel for warmth and my brain just won't let me let go of free good food that easily. 

Sliced beef with teriyaki sauce and garlic slices cooked on heated stone. Most of the meals we've had were quite big and we had difficulty to finish. This was the most expensive and smallest portion. So much so that we contemplated going for McDonald's. However, that didn't happen because we were just too tired.

Not from the hotel but office cafeteria. It serves warm food (the menu changes daily) and made-to-order sandwich. This is baked cheese pastry with roasted potatoes. Definitely much lighter lunch than what we'd have here. At £3.50, is this cheap or expensive?

The hotel room's idiot box does have an interesting selection to make even the most lonesome traveler less lonely.

Comments